PG Pool Relies on Our Members
Prince George’s Swimming Pool operates on a co-operative basis, depending on our members to maintain and improve the facilities and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the pool. Members’ time and efforts help keep our costs low and make our pool a clean, safe and comfortable place to be. When members don’t pitch in, we must outsource some of this work. That’s why a membership at our pool includes a co-op deposit.
All adults aged 21-69 (on the date registered) pay a refundable co-op deposit: $120 up to the age of 59; those age 60-69 pay $60. Members age 70 and over do not pay a co-op deposit. Co-op deposits are refundable. If you complete and document your membership’s full co-op service of 2.5 hours per adult by October 31, your co-op deposit will be refunded provided you claim a refund in writing by November 15. There are no partial refunds; the entire membership’s co-op obligation must be completed before a refund request will be honored.
People doing seasonal co-op jobs may not transfer excess hours to other memberships. Co-op hours completed at workdays or other similarly organized co-op opportunities are transferable with the prior approval of a board member.
Co-op deposits are charged to your credit card when you join at the beginning of the season.
Completing Your Co-op Service
There are several ways to contribute your co-op hours. You can:
- Participate in a scheduled workday
- Commit to a seasonal job
- Complete an occasional job (a weekly to-do list will be posted to the pool listserv and on the pool bulletin board)
Documenting Your Co-op Service
In order to receive credit for your co-op hours, each time you do any co-op service you should log your work with this form.
- The date you did the work
- A brief description of the work you did
- How much time you spent
- If applicable, the board member you liaised with
If you do not have or only have sporadic internet access please contact a board member and make alternative arrangements for documenting your co-op hours.
Requesting a Refund
In order to receive a refund of your co-op deposit, you must:
1) Complete and document your membership’s co-op service by October 31. No partial refunds will be given so the entire membership’s hours must be completed in order to receive the refund.
2) New for 2023: After completing and documenting your hours, you no longer need to email or notify the refunds team that you’ve completed your hours. The team will check for memberships that have completed all their hours when they process refunds.
We are, of course, completely open to people completing more than the co-op requirement, and/or donating the co-op deposit to the pool.