Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
Minutes: September 5, 2019
Present: April Downs, DJ Nolan, Marvin Russell, Mary Melchior, Dave DeRosa, Chuck Thies, Stacy Smith, Mic Burns, Meredith Massey, Elizabeth Duffy, Dennis Alexander, Paul Wood
Apologies: Abebi Wolfe, Chris Goff
Old Business (MMA)
- We were re-inspected and were approved. However, a few additional items were noted which will be taken care of at an upcoming workday.
- We may be over budget for bands after we pay the Octoberfest band. Moved that if we are overbudget, the overage is approved and the band should be paid (approved)
- Coverage for two September weekends has been verified (Stacey)
- Landscaper (Cimenelli’s) made proposals for the grounds and volleyball court. Chuck will email the bids for consideration.
- Increased August members.
- Oktoberfest is 10/5 4-8
- A contract for bands will be drafted for next year
- Sarah Magno addressed the board as a follow-up to the member petition for a no smoking policy and the member meeting vote. She is in favor of the policy change and would like the board to put the issue out to the members for vote electronically as is stipulated in the by-laws.
- Emily Button addressed the board about an incident that occurred in the parking lot 2 weeks prior. She would like to continue to follow up with the other party involved in the incident (via Chuck) and also advocate for greater visibility of the pool’s non-discriminatory policies and actions (eg the Bowlding Pavilion).
- Sarah Magno requests creation of a “diversity and inclusion” committee
- Approve Chuck Thies for VP. (approved)
- Approve minutes of member meeting- will be done via email
- End of season wrap up (post-season)
- Any survey will be a coordinated effort by the complete board (Meredith)
- There is gang graffiti on the park-side fence. Nature Center would like to organize the county to paint the fence and neutral color that is easy to paint over for future graffiti. (approved by Chris; Dennis will communicate with member who brought this to the board)
Lighthouse scheduling problems
- Pool was not adequately staffed for holiday hours last weekend both Sunday and Monday
- Stacy will communicate with Bruce about these issues
Thomas Stone parking
- Need to re-up our agreement for overflow parking (DJ, Chris, Liz)
Parking lot incident, update
- There may be a 3rd party witness identified in the incident report
· Restructure the Waiting List – get zip codes
· Long-term plan for music on the grounds
- Single-member hold fee change
- Smoking policy
- Lighthouse hiring policies check
- Pay Data
- Post season wrap up
- Suggested to have pool managers come to the beginnings of all board meetings during the pool season. This will enable more direct communication between management and the board.
- Diversity and inclusion committee
- Board training/equity and inclusion training
Wednesday September 18, 7 pm