Board Meeting Minutes May 7, 2017

Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
Board Meeting
MINUTES: May 7, 2017
Present: DJ Nolan, Chris Gowen, Mary Melchior, Chuck Thies, Mic Byrne, Abebi Wolfe, Meredith Massey, Dave McCandlish, Dennis Alexander.
Apologies: Chris Goff, Marvin Russell, Colin Strauss Riggs, Stacy Smith.
Absent: Andrew Farrington, Liz Duffy. 
Monkey bars – postseason 
Meeting with city – still waiting
Need to work on way to prevent PG Pool Buck cards from being loaded without payment happening – we were unable to replicate this problem 
Conflict of interest policy – to be signed by opening day
Specific policy on allowing former members to rejoin – post season 
Meredith will take pictures for bulletin board – to come  
Levee update – there is none
Parking – school has not yet come through. 
New Membership Category for local residents – declined, but a discussion about community outreach is to be scheduled
Mural -- approved
Paying off the roof loan – approved
Outline for gate guard training and staffing of gate guard training – discussed  
Inspections (city, county and state) – to come 
Membership update – we are full 
Operations Manual – Complete, Member Manual to follow
Food truck guarantee & FAQs – need to see FAQs
Countdown to Splashdown potluck event w/DJ - Saturday, May 20 – noted  
Special event idea - Adult’s only “A Night on the Riviera” – sure  
Supplies – present 
Events credit card – approved. Bebi to meet with Marvin
How many places do we have the pool rules posted on the grounds – we should have it once by the gate and once by the pool – already there
We need to make sure our no diving signs in shallow ends are visible – already there
We need a no swimming allowed sign or signs posted when pool is not open – needed 
Does someone do an inspection on the playground? – Done 
Insurance coverage – the board was happy with current levels
Two areas that we could earn a 1-2% reduction on our insurance costs –
If we put short gates around the grills – declined
Security system – declined
Committee Reports (if not covered above)
Physical Plant
Next Steps for the Next Meeting
Future Agenda Items
Member Meetings: Sunday June 11 & Saturday August 26