Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
MINUTES: March 5, 2017
Present: DJ Nolan, Chris Gowen, Marvin Russell, Mary Melchior, Chuck Thies, Mic Byrne, Stacy Smith, Andrew Farrington, Colin Strauss Riggs, Abebi Wolfe, Liz Duffy, Chris Goff,
Apologies: Meredith Massey, Dave McCandlish, Dennis Alexander
Haven’t talked to City yet re high grasses – DJN
Contacted contractor re: monkey bars – DJN
Levee Update: None
Finance – Marvin:
Occupancy tax is late, because of a mess-up on part of city. Gowen dealing with it. Will need to put it in Lighthouse contract
· Pool hours while schools in session
o Including above in broader discussion of proposed Lighthouse contract
o Contract now includes open weekends on September
o First two weeks: toddler swim until noon, grounds open, pool closed until 2 PM.
o Lifeguards now to check toddler pool during adult swim
o Cleaning around fence
· Shuffleboard: Gowen will send DJ information to order
· Board Training: Stacy is negotiating, we still need to figure a time. Will need a full day (9-3 PM), we need to look at proposed dates.
· Conflict of interest policy for approval: waiting until next meeting
· Parking passes – are they needed? Yes. – DJN
· Have we solved problem of charging system where PG Bucks get loaded, but not paid for: tabled until McCandlish is back
· Parking pass enforcement: put enforcement in Lighthouse contract, have staff check lot, make one announcement, have board member call towing company. Need to get new towing company. DJN
· Babysitter fee: staying the same
· Triathlon: Gowen proposes to give back to community – sponsor triathlon, swimming in pool, raise money for charity, etc. Something in our pocket for public relations.
o Couldn’t do this year, too much time to organize event.
o Like idea of public relations/community event, should look into a less labor-intensive for this year
o April 2, April 8, April 15, April 29/30, May 6/7, May 13, May 20/21, May 27
o 2 board members per workday
o DJ will be at first two and last two, Andrew will take several
o DJ will assign tasks and make sure materials on board
o Goff will put on calendar, ask for volunteers
o Chuck suggest storing paint materials in lost & found shed, wash brushes in guard shack.
· List of non-board member co-op fee exemptions:
o Goff will send last year’s list around.
o Propose exemptions ASAP
o Rosanna Landis Weaver – Noted. DJN to respond.
§ Ben Frey/Barbara Monahan – Noted. DJN to respond.
o Will tell Lonnie about School of Rock concert to book
o Will purchase food for band
Next Steps for the Next Meeting
Future Agenda Items
Next Meetings: 4/2: 4 – 5:30 PM; Probably 2 meetings in May