Prince George’s Pool Board of Directors
August 26, 2015
Present: Dennis Alexander, DJ Nolan, Colin Strauss-Riggs, Mic Byrnes, Andrew Farrington, Melissa Thomas, Mary Melchior, Chuck Thies, Chris Gowen, Chris Goff, Dave McCandlish, Dave DeRosa
Apologies: Emily Wurth, Marvin Russell
· Parking: need to have committee to review parking next year, including establishing supervised drop-off zones. Also, need to think about parking lot resurfacing and how that will affect parking
· 5 year plan: Have done 2/3 of first year, can finish rest in off season. Can review year 2.
· Board/Officer elections: Candidates?
· Moving to a cashless pool: Either pool bucks or cards. Taking temperature of the members. Also eliminates board members needing to cash out.
· Other business:
o Smoking at the pool (deferred)
· Clarification of when payments for insurance, property tax are due
· What’s included in office supplies? Envelopes, Orchid, etc.
· Clarification of utilities line item, including money generated from solar panels.
Ray Bowlding shelter dedication: September 5
· Revised count of family members: 15-18 members
· Have done media outreach, some interest, but no commitments
· Workday to clean grounds; pot-luck; ceremony around 2 PM.
Member altercation from movie night
· Gowen conducted investigation, spoke to several witnesses, spoke with other members about “sense” of the incident, talked with other pool members who are lawyers.
· Gowen reviews incident.
· Recommendations (Gowen):
o Barricade behind screen on movie night to prevent children behind the screen
o Review of pool rules: no child under 10 unsupervised/unaccompanied;
o Do have obligation to speak with members in a controlled, respectful way
· Additional recommendations (DJ):
o Outside counsel/people on committee with regards to how to review/handle recommendations?
· Meeting with family at 5 PM on Thursday 8/27.
· Stacy distributed budget numbers for pool management.