Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
MINUTES: July 8, 2015
Present: Mic Byrnes, DJ Nolan, Emily Wurth, Marvin Russell, Chris Goff, Dave DeRosa, Colin Strauss-Riggs, Dennis Alexander, Stacy Smith, Mary Melchior
Apologies: Chuck Thies, Melissa Thomas, Chris Gowen, Dave McCandlish, Andrew Farrington
· DavidMc to resolve problems with wooden fencing on the playing field side of the property. –
- Looking for other fence companies (Chuck)
o Have one full bid but seeking two more
- We have the latest letter from the County and we are waiting for Chris Gowen to make the final changes to it.
- Front gate issues (replacement of swim team laptop)
o Buy the swim team a new computer and the pool will contribute to compensate $300 for old laptop
- Opening and Closing procedures not being done correctly
o Windows are not open in kitchen and should be closed at night
- We are still working on the business license but the City of Mt. Rainier has what it needs.
- Hours with Lighthouse- one of the busiest Junes we’ve had. We are right around $13,000 in overages if we continue at this pace by the end of the season. Board members have called about extra guards on duty who are not needed.
- Fence Security
o Bottles throw in toddler pool—
§ Have guards walk along the fence and pick up anything that can cause damage (glass etc.)
o Fireworks thrown over the fence and kids ran away
o Waiting for bids
o Waiting for fence guys to come finish the work
- Outstanding to-dos
o Only one bid on the roof
- Playground parts
o Two pieces missing on playground
o Just re-ordered them because they dropped the ball, so that is outstanding
- Propane account
o It wasn’t working so called U-Haul and they gave the wrong account number. Gave a longer account number so hoping it works. People are paying out of their own pocket since account is not working.
- Ordered two new grills – will need to be assembled
- Band Guests
o Can bring family or a friend
- Update on members without photos
o Everyone has done the photos now
The Five-Year plan
Next Steps for the Next Meeting
- Melissa to fix the computer/Ipad/internet for the front desk
- Stacy to go over opening and closing procedures with managers
- Every three days, have guards walk along property line by Nature Center to look for glass bottles or anything else that could damage pool
- Update on fence repairs, playground, roof bids,
- Sell the two lap lane end boards
- Extend the pavers further out from the outdoor shower. Chuck will also talk to paver guy about the sand in the pavers.
Future Agenda Items
- Recruiting new board members
- Payment for guards in future and MD minimum wage
July 22, August 5 & 19 and September 2.