Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
MINUTES: June 24, 2015
Present: Andrew Farrington, Chris Goff, Chuck Thies, Mary Melchior, Emily Wurth, Marvin Russell, Dave McCandlish, Mic Byrne, Dave deRosa, DJ Nolan, Colin Strauss Riggs, Stacy Smith, Chris Gowen, Melissa Thomas,
Apologies: Dennis Alexander
Stacy will make the photos of board members happen – they are up
DavidMc to resolve problems with wooden fencing on the playing field side of the property. –
- Looking for other fence companies (Chuck)
o Have one full bid but seeking two more
Roof – Mic
- Got one bid getting two more
Ken (LH) will present a plan on installing the kickboards for lessons/lap swimmers etc. Stacy
- Did it yesterday and showed Bruce and two other guards how to do it.
- Putting it in every day during this time to give lap swimmer a wall in their lane
- Will sell the other two
Levee/appraisal – ChrisG
- Got some tips from the members and form a subcommittee under Chris’ direction
o A judge, a lawyer and a woman who works at a non-profit all expressed interested after the member meeting.
Investing our Rainy Day Fund – Marvin
- Not in compliance with ensuring our deposits so we need to move them quickly to another bank
- SECU had the best rates. They said we can use Dave M.’s number.
- We agree to open a money market account with $100,000 at the SECU.
July Depositor (while David McC is on vacation) – Stacy Smith agreed
- Count the money and put in a cash back
- Enter slip from the count into quickbooks as a sale receipt for the day
- Roll the coins and bundle the cash into hundred bill bundles
- Go back into quickbooks and generate a deposit slip and also hand write deposit slip and take that to the bank checking account.
- PNC – branch in Brookland
- Dave to train Stacy
PA Equipment – DdR
- Voted to spend $1400 on music equipment
Two new Weber Grills – DJN
- Weber grills that Gary suggested. Buy 2 and test them against the very expensive grills. One in each spot. All voted in favor.
- Jackie Young would like us to buy a circular one to dry out the towels for $50 at Home Depot
- Pole in concrete - Co-op
Front Desk Logins/closing/ Register etc. – DJN/Stacy
- Ipad is operating very slowly
- Get a hard book created of membership
- Access the technology situation
o DJ and Melissa will work with people who installed the router to assess the technology issue.
- Bring on more gate guards at the end of June, and July from 4-8 pm.
- Open the pool at 10 am by adding a third lifeguard.
Lane lines, lap swim and lessons.
- Repaired the broken lane line.
- One lap lane from 6pm – 8pm
- Early morning lap swim 6:30-8:30 am
- Need to invest in two new lap lanes and a wheel to protect them – will price out the options. May invest in one during the season.
Liability Survey – ChrisG
- 11:00 on Friday – manager can handle it. Showing the insurance guy around. Andrew can do that. Stacy will let Lighthouse know.
- Insurance is on Dropbox
- Director Insurance has not been resolved—Chris G., Marvin and Dave M. to resolve
Outdoor Shower/playground faucet update – DMc
Water water everywhere; child manufactured puddle problems
- Turned the water off with the irrigation center. Dave M. repaired it
- Long term—extend the pavers further out. Chuck will talk to paver guy about the sand in the pavers.
Comcast/Verizon – DJN
- Phone being done through Comcast. Cancel Verizon account.
We still have 23 people who have not posted their photos as we require - seven individuals and four entire families consisting of 16 members. Both RJ and I (Dennis) have reminded them several times and told them that they will not be admitted by the gate guards if their photos aren't posted, but I don't think that has happened. As uncomfortable as it might be for them to enforce, the gate guards need to be reminded that there is no admittance without a photo and that they can seek assistance from a board member if there is a problem...unless we want to go down a different path with this requirement.
- Email went to gate guards to remind them not to let them in.
- Send an email from DJ to all of them indicating that they will suspend their membership.
Parking – DJN et al
- Do leafleting
- City police showed up with the town planner to ticket people yesterday.
July 4 – Dunk Tank? – DJN
- Big hose can be used to be filled up
- Age requirement for sitting in it
- Rent one for the weekend
- Have as many guards as we can get that.
- May use the shelter and that is where you shelter.
- Need to clear pool deck and showers too
The Five-Year plan
Next Steps for the Next Meeting
Future Agenda Items
- Longer discussion in the off-season about the lightning policy