Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
MINUTES: June 27, 2013
Present: David McCandlish, Dave DeRosa, Pat Houston, Chuck Thies, Stacy Smith, Andrew Farrington, Chris Gowen, DJ Nolan, Colin Strauss-Riggs.
Apologies: Mary Melchior, Tanya Renne, Chris Goff, Don Stewart, Emily Wurth.
• Payment from the apartment complex for the use of the car lot? – Not in yet MM
• Fence improvements: Need Metropolitan to come back to do the southwest corner and fix the fence/gates around the toddler pool and a stray unmoored post into the guard area. CT
• Slide is onsite. DMc to arrange water fix.
• Refunds will, in future, be only available within the hour. Rule of thumb. Only through a manager or a board member.
• Pool Management: Managers in place. Malka is in charge of safety training for Lighthouse. George, Rita and Michelle also manage. A manager will be at the gate during busy times to help with guest sign-in and other issues. Gate guards need to be consistent in turning nonmembers away. Ken will investigate the leak at the toddler pool. The gate guards lost the key to the cash drawer and iPad lock. The gate guards have stepped up and been doing a good job.
• A request was received re Save The Children. Agreed. DJN
• Gutters still need work. Placement of rain barrels problematic.
• Lights over the volleyball court: delayed.
• Fire Lane Driveway Repair of $3650. Agreed. But we need a business plan. Board
• Domain Renewals -- 5 years @ $650.00 Agreed. DJN
• Co-op: Shoppers. Still not working as it should. Howie's proposal – ask him. Colin
• Poolapalooza. All plans are in place for Saturday. We should remove the cash periodically from the cash drawer. Fill in the eform to verify each time. Board
• Camps Tuesdays and Thursdays. 12-2pm DdR
• Finance Report. The Building & Grounds budget for the season is 85% spent. Lockers and other significant expenses went in here so not a problem, but noted.
• Closing the Waiting List. Deferred. Add a note to say how long it is. DJ/TR
• Toilet Paper Holders – we should replace all the smaller holders with the big ones. How many do we need? AF
• Coffee Urn (yes) DdR
• Lighting DJN/Brian
• Replace roof on wading pool pump house
• Lockers – some of the top pieces need to be attached (workday)
• Replace outlet by the soda fridge/Complete installation of a new outlet near fire pit/Repair the shutter in the guardhouse/complete removal of old lights and reconfigure switches for new lights (Brian)
• Paint men’s changing area
• Replace door on tool shed and install a proper lock on the office. All four locks should have the same key
• Should we put up a trophy cabinet?
• Meeting Dates: We will meet on every second Thursday during the season: 7/11 & 25, 8/8 & 22.
• Future Agenda Items:
o Review composting
o We need to develop a procedure for guests staying past toddler swim hours.
o July: Further Loan Repayment
o Snack Bar for 2014
o Children of current members becoming members in their own right
o Some memberships include a parent as a babysitter. We will monitor and reassess this loophole at the end of the season.
o The board will discourage payment by check in the future, probably by imposing a surcharge on such payments.
o Ice cream prices in 2014.
o Adverse Possession
o Co-op Fee Changes? – Removal of co-op fees for those over 70 and for those who are away for the year (Hold over to the end-of-season meeting)