Board Meeting Minutes June 13, 2013

Prince George’s Swimming Pool, Inc.
Board Meeting
MINUTES: June 13, 2013

Present: Mary Melchior, David McCandlish, Dave DeRosa, Pat Houston, Chuck Thies, Chris Goff, Emily Wurth, Stacy Smith, Andrew Farrington, Colin Strauss-Riggs, Don Stewart.
Apologies: Chris Gowen, DJ Nolan, Tanya Renne.
Absent:

MMA
• Payment from the apartment complex for the use of the car lot?

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Board
Capital Improvements
• Install rain barrels. Completed.
• Price a 25’x 50’ pavilion for shade (with fans) (PH)
• Lights over the volleyball court are being installed on Monday.

Communications
Co-op
Events
• St Anthony’s asked to come to the pool. We will try it for one time to see if it causes problems with the toddler pool. Mary
Finance
Grounds
Membership
• A request from a military family to join this year because they move regularly and would not get through the waiting list was denied.
• A member was charged the wrong amount for Saturday AM. They should be refunded.
• Bill Kaczor’s refund request was revisited and agreed.
• Parties:
o Dave M. will work on a party form and talk to Tanya and the party volunteer, Ginger.
o We will need to follow up for people who didn’t pay.

• Another Welcoming Event? Emily
o Emily will organize bocce ball/happy hour likely after July 4.

Physical Plant
• Replace roof on wading pool pump house
• Lockers – some of the top pieces need to be attached (workday)
• Improve screens on kitchen doors/replace outlet by the soda fridge/Complete installation of a new outlet near fire pit/Repair the shutter in the guardhouse (Brian)
• Paint men’s changing area
• Replace door on tool shed and install a proper lock on the office. All four locks should have the same key
• Should we put up a trophy cabinet?
• Fence improvements: Need Metropolitan to come back to finish wire around gate, do the southwest corner, and fix the fence/gates around the swim team area. CT
• Chuck got a $1900 estimate and we agree to go forward with it.
• Slide is onsite. DMc to arrange water fix.
• Picnic tables are dying and need to be removed
• Is old foosball table going to be removed from office?
• Need a new tarp for the smoker.
• Sign for outdoor shower (heard DJ was on this already) and perhaps an adult valve that has to be turned on for shower to work? Kids can use rainbarrels
• Discussion about guards claiming fenced area.
• Urinal on the right is not working.

Pool Management
Welcoming

Future Meetings
• Meeting Dates: We will meet on every second Thursday during the season: 6/26, 7/11 & 25, 8/8 & 22.
• Future Agenda Items:
o We need to develop a procedure for guests staying past toddler swim hours.
o July: Further Loan Repayment
o Snack Bar for 2014
o Children of current members becoming members in their own right
o Some memberships include a parent as a babysitter. We will monitor and reassess this loophole at the end of the season.
o The board will discourage payment by check in the future, probably by imposing a surcharge on such payments.
o Ice cream prices in 2014.
o Adverse Possession
o Co-op Fee Changes? – Removal of co-op fees for those over 70 and for those who are away for the year (Hold over to the end-of-season meeting)